“Street Smart Guide to International Trade and Transportation”
The International Logistics and Freight Forwarding Manual is used extensively throughout Australia in the training of International Freight Forwarders, Importers and Exporters; and in many colleges as a reference and practical guide in the study of International Transport and Trade.
This fourth edition of the book, comprehensively indexed, is a complete revision, update and expansion, and covers most of the factors involved in International Freight Forwarding, Trade and Transport. It aims to provide the reader, whether a forwarder, trader, customs broker, or simply an interested student, with the necessary knowledge and skills to enable the achievement of the common objectives of traders and forwarders when selling, buying and moving cargo internationally.
These objectives are summarised as:
- To deliver the goods on time,
- To deliver the goods in a sound condition,
- To ensure there is no financial loss or damage to reputation
- To deliver a continuously high level of customer satisfaction,
- To ensure the ‘best’ possible price is paid for delivering the goods, bearing in mind all other considerations.
The extensive coverage includes chapters on the following topics:
- Dictionary of Terms, Abbreviations and Acronyms
- The Int’l Freight Forwarding & Customs Broking Industry
- Sale Contracts and Incoterms®
- Shipping & Aircargo Services
- Domestic Transport – Overview for Int’l Forwarders & Shippers
- Freight Rates & Shipment Costs
- Route Selection
- Export Bookings, Clearances, & Cargo Receival
- Packing, Stowing, Marking and Containerisation of Cargo
- Cargo Insurance
- Surveys and other inspections of cargo
- Government export/import controls and processes
- Duty Drawback & the Tradex Scheme
- Documentation, including many samples of document types
- Contracts of Carriage, International Conventions relating to the Carriage of Goods, Bills of Lading and Air Waybills
- Special Cargoes – Perishables, Art Works, High value goods, Overseas Exhibition goods
- Dangerous Goods Transportation
- Aviation Transport Security
- Foreign Country Import Formalities
- Checklists & Control Sheets
Written in plain, easy to understand language, the book provides a vast amount of valuable information, and is an essential tool for a reference library or for persons undertaking studies in International Freight Forwarding, Trade, or Logistics.
AUD $ 155 (ex GST) per text book. International sales are exempt of GST.
Australian Sales: $155 + GST = $170
There are bulk volume discounts for potential resellers, wholesalers, colleges, training providers and other related affiliates. Find out more
Shipping & Delivery
There are three options for shipping;
- Pickup: FREE shipping if collected from our warehouse in Tullamarine, Victoria.
- Delivery (Australia): AUD $20.95 per order + an additional AUD $3 per book handling.
i.e: 1 = $23.95, 2= 26.95 .etc
- Delivery International: To be advised at time of order
Ordering & Payment Process
We only accept direct bank deposit and cheque payments. Currently, we do not accept credit card purchases. Once you submit your online order below, we will review it and then send you an invoice. Once the payment clears we will release your order. Alternatively, if you need the textbook urgently you can email us the bank transaction payment receipt # to the email contact details supplied with the invoice.